- Apply your usual make up (foundation, powder, brows)
- Put on some black/brown eyeshadow on the outer corners of your eyelids, white on the inner-corners and underline your bottom lash-line with purple eyeshadow.
- Draw on your eyeliner as per-normal first, followed by your crease, extending the outer-end upwards to create an exaggerated wing and the inner-end down to the inner-corner of your eye.
- Draw on your cat whiskers!
- Create an inverted triangle on the tip of your nose, first by outlining it, then shading the inner portion.
- Apply red lipstick/liptint.
- Outline the shape of your lips with black eyeliner.
- Don't forget your coloured contact lenses if you want your eyes to stand out!
- To get into a good University.
- To prove to myself and people that I can do what I love (blogging and making videos) but still be able to stay focus in school.
- To prove my haters wrong by being successful.
December – J.Flea
February – J.Mahjong
In the meantime, do head over to javenue.sg and follow @javenuesg on Instagram for more exciting updates!
Thank you so much for the support. It really melts my heart to know that there's actually someone out there who believes in me and supports me in the things I do.
If there's one drugstore makeup I've been using for the longest time, it has gotta be Silkygirl. My best friend used to rave about their products which was how I got introduced to these bunch of cheap and good stuff. Tried their blushers, eyeliner, eyebrow pencils, mascara previously and I've been particularly loving their eyeliners and eyebrow pencils as you can see from most of my makeup stash. Hence, I couldn't resist trying out their new Moisture boost lipcolor balms the moment I gotta know about them too!
Once in awhile, I get cracked-lips from the oral isotretinoin I consume for my skin and it takes up an unnecessary amount of time to exfoliate my lips and put on some vaseline right before I apply lipstick most of the time. These two extra steps can be quite a hassle on days where I'm in a rush. Also, lipsticks can be a little too overwhelming sometimes, especially on those days where I have slightly heavier eye makeup on.
Which is why I decided to share with you my new favourite - Lipcolor balms!!!
With its sophisticated, sleek and retractable packaging, the Silkygirl's Moisture Boost Lipcolor Balms definitely captivated my attention from afar.
It's retailing at Pharmacuetical outlets such as Watsons, Guardian and departmental stores at the price of $11.90 only!
Not because I've too much money in hand to spend a few hundred bucks on high-end brands all the time, (cause I don't) but it's just that I've really sensitive skin and as much as possible I'll avoid buying things that I feel skeptical about.
I have no idea why or when I started to have such thoughts drilled into my head, but I always had a bad impression of makeup that are lower in price. I guess just like many other people, we have this misconception that expensive stuff are always better than cheap stuff. And cheap stuff are only cheap for a reason - Which is that they aren't good.
Most of my face make up cost an average of $50, and they can range to as high as $90. Hence, I feel a lot poorer each time I walk out of Sephora.
I tested out a decent amount of brands to know how my skin works and what I look best in by now... And since my skin condition got a lot better recently (thanks to IDS) I thought it was time I gave drugstore products a try; and that's when I went on a hunt at Watsons and Sasa the other day.
My great monthly expenses on high-end products, as mentioned earlier on, is yet another reason to give drugstore-products a try. I mean besides it being a very "Singaporean" thing to get cheap stuff, we are all looking for alternatives to spend lesser whenever possible. If $50 could get you 10 bottles of foundation, I'm guessing there's no reason why one would rather spend that $50 on one bottle instead, if both products work pretty much the same way.
Just because it's expensive and "branded," they may not necessarily work for you nor your pocket.
First, I restocked some of my fav products from Silkygirl; such as their eyeliner in brown and black, eyebrow pencils, and their new moisture lip balm as well, which I will talk about in my next post. Moving on, I also got some super lustrous lipsticks from Revlon, that I love love love! Last but not least, the only face product at Watsons that caught my attention was the new Olay Total Effects Pore Minimizing CC cream stacked neatly on the front shelves of the store.
- Evens skin tone appearance
- Minimizes the look of pores
- Enhances brightness
- Visibly smoothes fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces the look of spots
- Hydrates for a firm look
- Replenishes moisture
- WristsNeck (Under-ear area where your pulse it) and right in the middle.
- Your cubital fossa and popliteal fossa.
- Apply some of the DKNY MYNY’s body lotion before spraying on their perfume.
- 15 to 31 Aug’14 – Robinsons JEM Promo Area
- 15 to 21 Aug’14 – Robinsons Orchard Promo Area
- 18 to 24 Aug’14 – Robinsons Raffles City Water Court
- 28 Aug’14 to 3 Sep’14 – Taka 2BB
- 29 Aug’14 to 4 Sep’14 – Tangs Orchard Entrance
- 10 to 14 Sep’14 – Tangs Vivo City Centre Court B