Everybody hurts
HOME FAQ portfolio
How To Pick The Right Outfit.
Friday, January 21, 2011 | 11:12 PM | 0 comments



"The dictionary lied. Forever and eternity doesn't exist"

FASHION

Hello everyone. So as promised, I'm gonna do a post on "Fashion" N "Beauty" (PS: Tho I don't really think I actually qualify in both, but who cares!) Anyway, just to add in, this post is not dedicated to those philosophical retards who think that "Oh beauty is in the eye of the beholder, the outer image is only skin-deep" Aiya c'mon, cut the crap lor, the world is so superficial these days, who doesn't wanna look good. You tell me it doesn't matter, yea it doesn't really matter but overall, it still does dude.

So first and foremost, in my opinion fashion really does play an important role in completing a person's outer appearance. I mean like, hey who doesn't wanna feel a sense of "I look so good" when checking out your reflection in the mirror? Certainly, your personal look does matter significantly, like if you're already so chio then you'd prolly fit well in whatever outfit. But what if you feel that you've none; no looks, no nothing? Then I'm hereby gonna emphasize to you that anyone can still look trendy N stylo-milo with a perfect piece of attire. Boost your confidence and search for an awesome you, totally shrug off that old-kuku you and doll yourself up in something new. Who says if you don't have the look, you can't have a style?! THAT'S ABSOLUTELY NONSENSE MAN.

Choosing the right shop.
Orite, now I'm gonna share with you guys how I settle on a place to head for shopping and select my pick amongst the million clothes in a mall or shop. (Feeling excited? Cos I am. Ha ha ha) Let me share with you guys a few pictures of shops I would normally enter and those which I won't even bother to take a second glance or reach out my toe for it. Note: I'm actually excluding those well-known places which I usually hunt for clothes @ : Topshop, F21, Zara, Pull & Bear, FOX etc. (For the pixs look at the bottom)

Okay please note that I'm not discriminating people who actually goes to these shops which I wouldn't go to. It's up to each's personal preference. So, kindly don't get too worked up if you actually recognize the shops in the pixs and actually get your clothes there...... And like I've mentioned, it's just my own perspective, so if you have your objections/disagreements or whatsoever... To make it sound harsh, it's your problem, so take forever to think if you have the urge to spam me with your nonsense. Thanks. Oh yea, I didn't manage to take too many pixs, I just took all of em' in the same mall.




Well, for me I'd usually take just a moment to scan thru the entire shop before I make my decision on whether or not to fork out my precious time to get my ass in that place. Seriously, you wouldn't wanna spend half a day in a shop that has totally nothing but junk, hoping by keeping your fingers crossed you would be able to find something pretty out of em' all. Nah, I'd rather continue my search. I prefer to buy clothes with really good fabric, because the lousy ones look really "cheap" N ugly. You know those with threads hanging out of the sides/ends, it looks so horrible lor omfg. Even if you have a budget, do take caution of what sorta material it's made up of. Mine is usually 25-30 for a piece of gear. Say I'm like stingy or whatever but I don't see why I have to waste the extra buck just because it's so called "Expensive" or "Branded" if I could get something better off, at my budget. And above that, branded stuff doesn't mean = nice. And usually I don't like to enter those shops with stupid designs, if their shop isn't presentable, half the time you can already conclude from there that the clothes can't be any better. Sometimes the music matters to me also, I dislike hate those shops that play old-aunty songs, you know those Chinese new year kind. Totally just brush it off your mind and forget about setting your foot in.

Choosing the right outfit that fits you best. (How? What?)
 Firstly, always be sure to take something that fits your size, DON'T get something that's too tight (if you don't have a very good body) too short (if you're not very tall or slim) Remember you have to look "perfect"

☺High collars shorten necks.

☺Tight tops with short sleeves and breast pockets are detracting (Distract/divert attention) from your    figure.

☺Shoes with straps shorten your legs.

☺The torso (Trunk of the human body) can be shortened or narrowed with seam lines, belts, bows, and  collars.

☺A short necklace can shorten your neck.

☺A scarf or belt that hangs down toward the legs will make the legs appear longer. Knitted texture, lace, floras, prints, and plaids can assist in creating an illusion.

☺Wear a larger print where you want people to look and smaller print where you do not want them to look.

☺An all over print can camouflage figure problems, but prints here and there can create a fuller you.

☺Prints around the neck and over the shoulder can make your shoulders appear wider. Just wear prints near the parts of your figure's assets, because they are usually more eye catching than a solid color.

☺When buying pants be sure they fit well. Defects are emphasized in a pair of pants that may go unnoticed in a skirt.

❦ Secondly, wear clothes that will emphasize your best parts and create the illusion of a very fit body.

☺Thinner fabrics are more slimming, but wear a tank or camisole under things that you can see through.

☺Tops and bottoms of one color will make you look thinner, but be sure to do different shades of the same color.

☺Wear clothes that fit. Wearing clothes that are too tight or too big will make you look bigger.

☺Wearing too large clothes will exaggerate your figure not hide it. But never wear a shirt that exaggerates your body too much as well.

☺Avoid belts unless you have a slim waist.

☺Use accessories carefully. Don't put on too many.

Lastly, don't pick clothes based on the trend. Pick clothes that will flatter your figure and suit you. Not all fashionable clothes were meant for everybody, so find the clothes that are right for you.

The above steps are taken from http://www.wikihow.com/Choose-Good-Clothes (Do read up on your own for more info)

I'd still like to say this, buy what you really like instead of wearing something due to the trend. Yes, you can still be fashionable but with your own style. Be creative. Following what others wear doesn't make you unique, it just makes you look more typical. Hope what I wrote was useful to the most of you, cheers!

ADVERTORIAL

Alright, after reading what I wrote. I betcha almost ready to go out on a date with a new, confident you right?! Need a suggestion on where to start it off? Wanna get your cash out right away for brand new outfits?! Log on to: The Couture Looks.

All clothes ranging from $10 - $30 only!!!!!! Wtf, cheap, good quality, nice and you're still thinking?! Don't be a kiam siap sissy and get going!!!!

For more info, clear your doubts by sending in your queries to: thecouturelooks@gmail.com


 







Labels: ,