Everybody hurts
HOME FAQ portfolio
Precaution is key
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 | 7:26 PM | 3 comments

Today's review would be on one of the most highly-raved about cosmetic/skincare brand!!! I guess most of you would have already guessed it from my recent Insta posts?


Well, my skin condition is generally fine on most days.. However there are two problems I tend to face:

1) Visible pores
2) Uneven skin tone

(My "before" picture above would be able to justify my statement.)

And I've never been able to find any foundation/BB cream that's able to solve these two problems, until I was introduced to the KOSÉ SEKKISEI beauty range. :D

Bringing you three of KOSÉ's star products, their White BB cream, Sun Protect Essence Gel and Milk!

.

.

.


I probably said this a million times, but as the title speaks for itself, it's always better to be safe than sorry. One of the key things to getting healthier-looking skin would be to conscientiously apply sunscreen everyday. 

Many actually neglect this step because they don't see the importance in it. For all you know, this negligible step can make a huge difference in the long run.

Here are five reasons why you should always use sunscreen:

1. The ozone layer is depleting and your body needs shielding from harmful rays.

2. Skin cancer rates are on the rise and sunscreen has been proven to decrease the development of skin cancer.
3. It helps to prevent facial brown spots and skin discolorations.
4. It also helps to reduce the appearance of facial red veins and blotchiness.
5. It slows down the development of wrinkled, premature aging skin.
(More info here
Facts: The number of cases diagnosed every year is increasing at near epidemic rates and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. And most skin cancers occur on the face, and can be very disfiguring.
-
You wouldn't wanna end up this way right?

Of course there are more than just one reason to be diagnosed with skin cancer, but let me reiterate that sunscreen would certainly lower your chances of getting it.

I've been trying out both the Sun Protect Essence Gel and Sun Protect Essence Milk. Both are pretty much the same, however due to the climate in Singapore and my relatively oily skin, I personally prefer the Gel one as it caters to my needs more.


You just need to squeeze a little and spread it over your entire face (and neck) 

What I like about it:

1) Unlike many other sunscreens, it doesn't feel greasy or sticky after application and it sets as a really nice base for my face make up because of its smooth-finish and due to how fast it blends into my skin.

2) The scent of it is rather pleasant. I hate sunscreens that smell like body lotion... You know those kind that kids use before they swim?!

3) It also contains oriental plans such as Coix Seed (Chinese pearl barley), Melothria, Angelica and Peach leaf which is said to have effects such as increased metabolism, whitening, moisturising, and prevention of skin roughness.




The Sun Protect Essence Milk is best for its waterproof film which ensures that it doesn't rub off with sweat or water, so I guess it's be more suitable for days when you're gonna do vigorous activities.


Coming to my favourite product of the SEKKISEI series, it's the White BB Cream!!!

It's said to give you Perfect coverage in 80 seconds!

Sounds dubious doesn't it? Well, not until you give it a try!

After since I started using tinted moisturisers or really light foundations, I've never really been fond of any BB creams.

1) I feel that they usually end up becoming too fair for my skin. Like it's totally fine when I apply it to my skin, but once I take pictures which flash... The colour between neck and face creates a literal zebra crossing. -_- Foundations can be too yellow at times as well.

2) They can sometimes look too cakey, especially if they are high in coverage.

Can you imagine how surprised I was when I realised how the colour suits my skin so well? They've only two colours, 1) Light natural skin tone and 2) Natural skin tone, and I'm not too sure if they cater to everyone's skin colour, but the one I'm using (natural skin tone) definitely suits me really well.





Blends in quickly, covers my blemishes/redness and it has a whitening effect as well. It also feels moisturising, and it lasts me through the day.

I'm usually out from 9am to 11pm on most days due to school, and by the time I reach home and get rid of my makeup with my cleansing wipes, I could still see a good amount of BB cream being wiped off. Proves how well it stays on. Of course, that's provided if you're not doing a marathon through the day... lol

Not to mention, it has SPF 40/PA+++ so it's pretty much adequate for you to skip the step on the sunscreen in this case.


Just a thin layer and my zits could easily be covered up. Broke out a little on my T-zone area lately, so I thought it was an appropriate timing to show you how well it covers the redness of the zits :p

You could also tell that it covers up my pores pretty well and has a matte finish. Hence, you can skip loose powder if you want to.

One of the best parts is that it's really small in size, so you could pop it in your bag and touch up on your make up anytime throughout the day!


It costs only $39 and I guess it's pretty worth it??? If you were to buy a sunscreen, moisturiser and whitening cream separately, it would've been more expensive than this in total!

Haha, I'm really satisfied! Definitely a must-try. :D

If you're interested to get your own KOSÉ products, here's the piece of good news!

To my first 300 readers/followers, quote my name + screenshot this blog post and show it to any KOSÉ Robinsons (JEM, Orchard, Raffles City) or Isetan (Scotts, Serangoon, Jurong East Katong, Tampines) counter to receive an extra 2pc skincare sample with purchase of any KOSÉ SEKKISEI regular-sized product. (exclude sundries)

Also, in celebration of the award-winning SEKKISEI brand's 30th Anniversary... Regional beauty are searching for a KOSÉ SEKKISEI Cinderella! 


Radiant beauty selected will win $6000 cash and a trip to Japan. *Squeals* 

6 finalists will be battling from 1st May – 31 May. Public voting will start from 1st June and the winner will be announced in July 2014. You may log on at sg.sekkisei-cinderella.com to vote for your favourite Cinderella! Voters get a special rate purchase a 100ml SEKKISEI lotion at $25, instead of the usual $41. Do follow KOSÉ on FB & IG as well.



Best of luck guys! xx

Labels: , , ,