Everybody hurts
HOME FAQ portfolio
Daily Skincare Routine (Night)
Sunday, January 5, 2014 | 5:00 PM | 2 comments


Been forever since I wanted to do this video, and I'm really sorry I took so long to get it done! Insecurities oh insecurities... 

Disclaimer: I'm not saying I've perfect skin, just decided to talk about this since many of you have requested for it. And these are what I usually use, which work best for me. I won't guarantee the same results for all of you because our skin reacts differently.

Anyway, below are more information on the products shown in the video.


Left: Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover - $24.90
Available at all supermarkets and drugstores
Contains 1/3 moisturising essence which nourishes and hydrates
Non-greasy

Right: Bifesta Cleansing Sheet - $15.90 (46sheets per pack)
Available at Watsons
Gentle and refreshing water-based cotton sheets that thoroughly removes makeup and dirt. 
100% oil free, tones & moisturises, suitable for all skin types.

-

1) Always remember to remove your makeup before you go to bed.

I'm aware that many girls actually don't possess this habit of doing so, especially after partying or when you're feeling really exhausted from a long day. 

Personally, no matter how drunk or tired I am, I'll never skip this crucial step. Can you imagine how damaging it is to your skin to leave your makeup on while you sleep? I don't even wanna think about it.

So I guess one of the most essential things to having a good complexion, is to never be lazy!

The only reason to explain why I choose to cleanse my face twice is cos I'm really kiasu. I just think it's safer that way in order to prevent any residue from staying on my skin, you can drop the wipes if you want.


Left: Givenchy Clean It Tender Creamy Cleansing Foam - $43.90
Available at Sephora
Gently removes makeup, surface impurities and dead skin cells. 
Moisturizing and softening the upper layers of the skin.

Right: Shiseido ELIXIR Superieur
Friend from Japan got it for me, and I don't think S'pore carries it, so apologies on that. However, I've been using it for 2 years now, and it's by far one of the best exfoliators I've ever used. Light, get rid of impurities from pores and helps to improve skin texture.

-

Exfoliating your skin once or twice a week brings you a step closer to healthier, smoother skin. Basically, what exfoliators do in general is to remove your dry skin cells and clarify any impurities; blackheads, whiteheads, and little clogged bumps on the skin, often on the forehead.


Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser - $46.90
Available at Sephora
Time Release Acne Cleanser’s low foaming formula delivers sustained-released acne medication and improves skin’s appearance. 
Encapsulated salicylic acid technology provides a long-acting acne treatment that stays active even after rinsing.

-

This is the facial foam I've been using to cleanse my face with, every day and night for the past two months, I was using the clarifying cleanser previously for about a year, and I love both of them!

I definitely prefer my current one as it contains more benefits, but I'd recommend the clarifying cleanser if you want something that's more gentle to your skin.

I'd highly recommend Murad if you're looking for products that treat acne problems!

Anyway, water alone is never enough! Finding a suitable cleansing foam, and using it diligently helps to prevent breakouts, clogged pores and many other harmful effects in the long run.


Dermatologist I've been visiting for the past 4 years - 

Address: 10 Sinaran Drive Novena Medical Centre #09-13 Singapore 307506 
Tel: +65 63374926 
Operating Hours: Mon - Wed: 11.00 am to 3.00 pm 
Fri: 11.00 am to 3.00 pm Sat: 9.30 am to 1.30 pm 
Closed on Thursday , Sunday & Public Holidays


Albion EXAGE Moist Crystal Milk I - $82 (200g)
Available at Takashimaya. 
Feathery light and great for daytime use, this milky gel moisturiser help fight visible signs of ageing while soothing botanicals hydrate your complexion all day long. 
Encourages suppler skin for a more youthful appearance. 

Available in: Type I - For Normal to Oily Skin 
Type II - For Normal to Combination to Dry Skin

Albion Skin Conditioner ESSENTIAL Lotion - $86 (165ml)
Available at Takashimaya. 
Delivers moisture to UV ray-damaged skin and dry skin and brings out the skin's innate luminosity and translucence. 
Skin becomes moist and smooth after use, keeps skin firm, glowing and moist.

-

Personally, I rely too much on my doctor's prescription for years, and all these moisturisers blablabla seemed rather redundant to me, until I heard so many people raving about these products. Especially the Skin Conditioner - How it prevents the invasion of pimples, regulates and improves skin metabolism etc.

Thought I give them a try.

I was told to use three pumps for the moisturiser and I seriously have no idea why until today, because I just couldn't! I actually hated this product for awhile, cos I felt like it was way too oily for my skin until I decided to give it a second try and reduced the amount I applied, and it was better.

As for the skin conditioner, I love the fact that it replaces the use of a regular mask and how it rejuvenates my skin. Definitely a much try!


Murad Clarifying Mask - $55.90
Available at Sephora
A natural clay-based clarifying beauty mask. 
Helps absorb impurities while cleansing. 
Contains sulfur to reduce acne severity. With zinc & licorice, helps comfort & calm irritated skin. Together with grape seed extract, prevents free radical damage. 
Suitable for all skin types.

-

I guess my video already explains how much I love this product, and even though it's a little pricey for a small tube like this - It can actually last for a long time if you use it sparingly, twice a week like me!

My favourite of all, and if you could only afford to get one product - I'd definitely recommend this! Lol.

-

Alright, I hope you guys learnt something from this post, or at least enjoyed the sight of my bare face on my video. Hahaha, till next time!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,