Everybody hurts
HOME FAQ portfolio
Red love
Friday, December 27, 2013 | 5:21 PM | 0 comments

As you can see, I'm back to being a red head. I seriously think I've issues staying faithful to the same hair color for more than 2 months. However, I dyed it myself this time round like how I did for my black hair. (Too lazy to head to the Salon.)

Let me tell you about my crazy experience. Well, I was aware of how bad the condition of my hair was, so I refused to bleach it and ended up sitting right before my desktop for an hour, googling for alternatives. *Searching... Feeling impatient...* FOUND IT. 

Can't remember which was the page I found this, I think it was called Walgreens or something. I found this hair product, "Color Oops Extra Strength Hair Color Remover."

I read about a hundred reviews on MakeupAlley before I decided to give it a try. Instead of getting it from Walgreens, I got two bottles (each at USD12.99) from Amazon instead.

Basically, from what it said in the description box:

- Color Oops Extra Strength is the safest and most effective way to reverse an undesirable hair color application within 20 mins and it's bleach free and ammonia free. 

- Color Oops will not have the damaging effects of bleach or ammonia based products. 

- Color Oops Extra Strength is so gentle that you can recolor hair the same day. 

- Color Oops Extra Strength takes you back to your lightest shade. It will return your hair to its natural color if the artificial hair color applied is darker than your natural shade. If the artificial hair color applied is lighter than your natural color, your natural pigment has been chemically lightened and although Color Oops will remove the artificial dye from your hair, ultimately your hair will be the chemically lightened color. 

Although I was pretty sure it isn't a scam, I was still afraid to be betrayed by my intuition… Oh well, it sounds rather promising and… 你只活一次!! (Hate how overused YOLO is, but it makes me sound like some fearless lion whenever I say it, lol)

Got to Watsons and bought two bottles of L'oreal Paris Excellence hair dye in Spicy Red (P66) I think it costed approx $18 each. (The same brand I used for my black hair)

Well, I left those two bottles lying on my bedroom's floor for a week, and my Color Oops still hasn't arrived… So there came the moment where I got so bored on Christmas night, and that's when my itchy hands attempted to dye my hair and skipped waiting for the Color Oops.

WOW, SO MUCH FOR MY ACT OF BRAVERY - My hair ended up like a mess. Only the parts that weren't black and my roots, turned red… Let's take a moment to imagine how disastrous that was.

That wasn't the worse part, my tragic story reached its peak when I woke up the next day to find out that the Color Oops have arrived. Total FML moment.

Anyway, made a trip back to Watsons last night and got another two bottles of the same red dye.

My thoughts on the Color Oops hair application:

- I left it on for about 45 mins, instead of 20 cos I was talking on the phone.

- My black pigments went off completely.

- Only one bottle was used despite how thick my hair is.

End results: Hair did turn into a light shade of brown as they described.
Downside: I think it still smells pretty nasty even though it stated that it's ammonia free.
Verdict: I love it!!!! It really worked well on me, and my hair condition remained the same as before. 

Anyway, I really like this new shade of red on my hair now!

Below are some pictures of the first attempt, (which are rather deceiving… Somehow it looks pretty pleasant compared to how it really was in reality) taken yesterday.


Met Ric at Haji to do some catching up, and met another friend for dinner in town thereafter.









My extremely candid face that shouts "seriously?!" for something silly he said.


Alright, will post more pictures of my new hair when I'm back! Have a great weekend ahead!

Labels: , , , ,